Field upgrade action
For customers with select Eaton Magnum circuit breaker configurations using mechanical interlocks, key interlocks, or internal accessories on the 'third' (far-right) accessory position, Eaton resources will be provided to complete the repairs at no cost (Validated GO number required).
To request a list of GO’s that you received with potentially affected breakers, please contact Eaton team MagnumAdvisoryBulletin@eaton.com.
If you have an affected unit identified by the provided bulletin, please obtain and install the upgrade kit. To start the process, open a warranty claim by contacting the Eaton CORE support group at 1-800-410-2910 or email CORE to CORE@eaton.com.
- Claim type: Request a “Missing Component Claim”
- Breaker GO and item number: The breaker GO # can be found on the nameplate of the breaker, as shown in Figures 1 & 2
- Style or catalog number of kit needed: State “2A12888G20”
- Quantity needed: One kit per affected breaker in your possession
- Description of the nonconformance: State “Magnum Accessory Lever Field Upgrade“
- Ship to address for the kits with contact details: Provide the company name, complete shipping address, contact name, and contact email address
If you are not the end user for this product and have subsequently shipped this product to a third party, Eaton asks that you forward this notice to the third party by registered carrier and assist them in requesting the upgrade kit per ACTION 1.
If for some reason you are unable to forward this notice to the third party, please contact Eaton team at MagnumAdvisoryBulletin@eaton.com, and request that Eaton contact the end-user. Eaton will need the customer company name, complete shipping address, contact name, and contact email address.