This product has been discontinued and is no longer available.
Modular Lighting Controls provide up to three groups of dimming control with the option of adding PIR detection as standard. They are simple to install and set up offering the opportunity to create individually tailored systems to meet the requirements of many types of applications including commercial and public buildings.
To this basic module, daylight linking, scene setting, or a combination of both features can be added. The modular design allows for the simple and straightforward future expansion or augmentation of the system, by supplementing existing modules or adding photocells or PIR detectors without a costly full-scale re-wire.
|3 channel dimming control module||LCSDMDC|
|3 channel dimming and daylight link module kit||LCSDMDD|
|3 channel dimming and scene setting module kit||LCSDMDS|
|3 channel dimming, scene and daylight module kit||LCSDMDT|
|Photocell - ceiling mounted||LCSDP|
|Momentary push button switch - on/off/dim/brighten control||LCSDPB|
|Expansion module for mains sensors||LCSDLC|
|DSI Relay module||LCSDRK|
|System Operation||Luminaires to be controlled should be fitted with digital high frequency regulating control gear.
• Each luminaire requires a standard, permanent live mains power supply.
• Luminaires should be designated into 1 of up to 3 groups for individual channel control. Each group is linked using a 2-wire DSI BUS cable, connected back to the appropriate channel output on the basic control module.
• Remote devices such as push buttons, PIR detectors, photocells or scene set switches are installed as appropriate to the system selected.
• Control system modules receive volt-free inputs from the remote devices installed, dependent on manual input, presence detection, available daylight or as selected scene set switch is pressed.
• A DSI control signal, providing on/off/dim/brighten control information, is distributed by the 2-wire BUS to luminaires on each individual channel as instructed by the module, based upon the information provided by the remote devices.
• Luminaires have ‘soft on’ and ‘fade to off’ operation.
• Manual override is available on all systems.
• Specific information follows for each system
|System Components||Control Modules
Moulded thermoplastic housings suitable for DIN rail mounting.
Basic module requires mains power supply. Power to additional modules in the kit is provided by an interface cable link, which also shares data between components.
• Photocell Injection moulded thermoplastic in white.
• Switch Momentary push button fitted in a white single gang switch plate.
Compatible luminaires fitted with digital high frequency regulating control gear. To specify luminaires, change the ‘S’ or ‘Z’ suffix to ‘RD’. A comprehensive list of luminaires suitable for use with Modular Lighting Controls can be provided by our Technical Support and Application department.
• Other accessories
Proprietary PIR detectors, multi-gang push buttons, grid switches and scene indicators can be used with Modular Lighting Controls. Contact our Technical Support and Application department for advice on compatibility.
• Expansion module
The introduction of the LCSDLC DIN rail mounted expansion module makes connection of proprietary mains rated detectors quick and simple converting the signal to potential free to suit this modular system. The mains sensors on page 474 may be used with this system through the LCSDLC.
• Relay module
The LCSDRK relay module enables switching of loads such as magnetic or electronic non dimmable control gear within a DSI or switch dim installation.
|System Design and Installation||Lighting design is carried out exactly as a conventional system would be, to determine the quantity of luminaires required.
• Specify the luminaires to be fitted with digital high frequency regulating control gear.
• Connect all luminaires to a permanent live mains supply. It is recommended that a suitable means of isolation is provided for routine maintenance purposes.
• Connect a 2-wire DSI BUS cable from the control modules to each luminaire in a ring or combined ring/radial circuit. Maximum length of 250m per channel/group. DSI connection is polarity free. It is recommended that mains insulated cable is used.
• Install selected control system in a suitable housing and location. Add remote devices as required.
• Follow set up procedure provided with control system.
• Specific information follows for each system.
|Options||Emergency converted luminaires can be used with this system, specifying the appropriate luminaire to be complete with digital high frequency regulating control gear. Contact Technical Support for full details.|