Heat containment system (HCS)
Eaton’s Heat Containment System (HCS) is a simple, scalable and off-set active and/or passive chimney solution that effectively manages the ever increasing heat loads in today’s data center.
The HCS contains and directs the heat exhaust of your IT equipment to the top rear of the enclosure where it is ducted to your cooling equipment through plenum ceilings or high air returns. This patented design adapts to your Paramount, Vantage S2 and several third-party enclosures and integrates seamlessly into your existing cooling infrastructure.
- Able to adapt to existing infrastructures to increase rack utilization as your capacity demands grow
- Separates hot exhaust air and cold supply air; dramatically increasing the reliability of the data center
- Allows hotter air to return directly to the CRACs, increasing their efficiency by operating at a higher Delta T (ΔT)
- Helps extend existing cooling capacity throughout the data center; freeing up stranded assets and lowering operational costs
- Does not require you to alter existing enclosure locations and is also field-installable on third-party enclosures
- Flexible return duct integrates with the HCS for enclosures that are off grid from drop ceilings, where obstacles preclude the use of chimneys or when uneven ceilings exist throughout the data center